Anyway, BMW has this excellent series of new ads for its X3 and X5 SUVs ... they show these crushed up cars and how long they lasted (e.g., "BMW X3, 2006-2008") and then they show the people who were in the accidents with these cars (e.g., "Brody, 2003-" and "Joan 1969-"). I love the message in that contrast - very simple, very powerful.
A somewhat different commercial in the same campaign shows several people (and even a puppy) with their ages listed after their names and then at the end the tagline, "Their BMWs didn't make it. But they did." I actually like it better when it's not spelled out for you; when you get the connectin yourself, it kind of hits you deeper. Anyway, I'm not plugging for BMW SUVs ... but this campaign seemed really savvy to me.

1 comment:
You should check out the Clive Owen BMW commercials sometime. :)
Post a Comment