Monday, September 22, 2008

I have so much to say ...

... but I'm too tired to write a blog post. Ah, well; my insightful Canadian reflections will have to wait until the light of morning. In short, Vancouver is lovely, I'm having a great time, and I'm looking forward to the conference tomorrow. I've spent a lot of time hoofing it around the downtown, danced quite a bit, ate well, and spent time with old and new acquaintances. The weather even perked up for the better part of today, which let me take some nice photos. Part of me wanted to re-walk the walk I'd done Saturday afternoon, but I'm not quite there yet; perhaps I'll be ready Wednesday in the afternoon, before I take the train back to Seattle.

I am glad that I came a couple days early; this summit agenda has us on task morning, noon and night! Most conferences don't leave a ton of time for exploring, but this one feels particularly packed. I'm not entirely sure what to expect ... I hope it's a good one. One of the fun bits is that I know many of the other emerging leader scholars, so I don't feel lonely and I have folks to hang out with.

Alright, that's it - I'm an old lady and I need my beauty rest! TTYL.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Ooh, lucky you to go to Vancouver! Has to be one of my favorite cities. And it's a good thing you got there before the Olympics tripled all the prices, too. :-)

BB said...

I wouldn't mind being here for the Olympics as well - but it was much nicer to discover the city for the first time in a more relaxed period. I'd totally consider moving there, because I love the feel of the city and the things I discovered in my little walks. The only tough part is that it's so far from the East Coast where all the fam are ... guess they just have to move, too! ;-)