Nice things happened this weekend, moreso than I expected. It was really good to visit with my grandpa, and to spend time with my father and sister while I was there. I didn't expect the time to feel especially like a vacation, but it did, and we had fun. We had serious family stuff to deal with, too, but I was glad that didn't overwhelm the simple enjoyment of the weekend.
The dating continues ... I'm trying to keep having fun without spending too much time thinking about what is going on and how to define it. Of course, that's like asking me not to breathe for a while; so instead, I'm working to keep my overthinking from affecting my actual behavior too much. Walking the delicate line between not making more of something than it really is, but not closing myself off from seeing possibilities that may present themselves. Ah, who knows what goes on with boys? Assume nothing, keep myself entertained, and go with the flow as long as I'm having a good time!
I ended the weekend by boosting the economy through the purchase of two chairs at IKEA. It's good to finally have suitable seating; when the couch left, there was only the loveseat, and two people can't share that unless they're very, very comfortable with one another. My roommate isn't super-social ... but even if he wanted to be, there wasn't anywhere for him to sit when I was already in the living room. I'm hoping the new chairs will entice him to come out and share the space with me more often.
(Also, the chairs are pretty. :-) I do think they're making me adjust my planned paint scheme somewhat - I pulled out the swatches for the first time in ages, and realized that my chairs make me want to go blue and peach rather than blue and yellow. I'm not in a rush, so I have time to ponder it, as I sit and admire my newly-furnished and newly-arranged living room.)
There were even ripple effects in my bedroom: I acquired (secondhand) a new set of shelves, finally moved my blue cushion chair back in here, and rearranged my pile of mess so I have more of an h-like path around the room, rather than the standard cross. I feel extremely satisfied with my day's work, and well-positioned for the week ahead. A good night's rest should cap off my weekend nicely - hooray for bed before midnight!

1 comment:
I agree - I am still very much on a school schedule, despite having no connection with school except the occasional textbook-editing freelance project. September brings a refreshing hope and the excitement of potential and (with luck) the blessing of a blank slate. Christmas is the grand break in the middle (and we never get enough time!). Spring is when I come down with the flu and everything starts to fall apart. And then I tend to get it together by May or June, ready for the big exciting break (a summer abroad? an internship somewhere? three months of loafing by the beach?) that never comes. I just still haven't adjusted to the working world, I guess.
Post a Comment