Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekend Report

So I've been home sick for most of yesterday and today, but the rest actually seems to be working: my throat isn't as sore as it used to be, and my fever seems to be gone. But being sick has its advantages - I get to catch up on about 3 weeks of DVR, including many, many Colbert Reports. I can't believe I denied myself all that Colbert for the last few weeks; and here are my two favorite reasons why.

Stephen Colbert's interview with Jim Cramer:




The Word from September 23, 2008:



I could watch this show all day ... which is pretty much what I did today. :-)

What I did not do, because I love the Red Sox that much, is watch ALCS Game 1. Sound strange? Well, I'm one of those crazy superstitious fans who believes that what I do here in my home actually affects game outcomes; in this case, I discovered last year that the Red Sox do much, much better when I don't watch. I believe this so much that I spent significant portions of the 2007 playoff season asking my friends to text me game updates, and occasionally trying to sneak a peek at MLB.com via my mobile phone, hoping that fate wouldn't notice if I only stayed on for a second. I'm a little afraid to even chance mobile peeks this season ... but you'd best be believing that I'm cheering in my heart. GO RED SOX!!!! Bring it back to Fenway, and win here at home.

No comments: