Thursday, October 02, 2008

Reflecting on history

So, I just spent a (large) bit of time re-reading over my entire blog. It was prompted by a conversation earlier today with my former roommate (the nice one); part of her response was surprise at some of the feelings I expressed about how we stopped living together, but she also commented on the way that I seemed to grow and become more open about who I am and my varying reactions to things over the course of my writings. I was glad that she saw that trend, which was what I'd hoped to have happen as I did this. She didn't disown me afterwards, which was also good. :-)

It was interesting seeing the path that my life and thoughts have taken over the course of the years. I am amused at the things I continue to rant about, because I hadn't realized I'd been doing so for so long; but I also enjoy feeling that everything I wrote was very consistently me, and being able to put out a lot of different facets of me. There wasn't really anything I read and said, "Oh boy, do I wish I hadn't put that out there!" or "Man, did I really write like that?" It'll be even more interesting, if I keep this blog up, to see how I feel in another 4 or 5 years, and where I am then. But I don't know if I'll have the strength to read through every single post in one sitting; it's a lot of reading!

Additional point of note: my "squeeze" has also read at least some of the blog, and did not back away in horror. (I'm being overly dramatic; he's a very open, accepting guy as a general rule, and my nervousness is more based on my irrational fear than his observable behavior.) Also, we had "the talk" last night, and it has been determined that we are exclusively seeing one another, definitely enjoying the experience so far, and willing to see where it goes as it goes along. I feel pretty comfortable with that ... no pressure, but the pleasure of someone who likes me back equally. It's a fun and relaxing place to be.

No comments: