I am here in my office this morning, burdened by the crushing weight of not wanting to be here. What a way to start the week!
I don't know how to approach my job right now. I'm trying to will myself to be enthusiastic, attentive, engaged, organized; I have a whole list of things to do. I can barely get myself to look at it, let alone get down to business, and what I do I seem to do at a snail's pace.
I know why I didn't end up leaving my job over the summer, and the reasons made sense at the time ... but in retrospect, I am really wondering whether I should have just left. I feel like I'm coming up on the point where I'm not just unhappy, but about to be ineffective at my job, which I would absolutely hate. The saving grace of my being here over the past year is that at least I've gotten good things done for the organization and for myself; if that ceases to be the case, then what on earth am I doing?
It could be that I'm just having a particularly bad day. For the moment, I'm going to chalk it up to that, and try to get cracking over here. We'll see how the week goes!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment