Today was much easier, what with only having to deal with one class of graduates. (Although, in the spirit of mixing, I did accidentally walk into the class of 1988 reunion party in the building next door. All the numbers look the same when you're old ...) I saw many more old friends and classmates right from the start, so I wasn't at a loss for company or conversation. Despite my continued frustration with white people parties - why don't y'all dance when there's music playing? - overall I had a lovely time.
It was funny: in one conversation, a classmate was wondering why there weren't more people married with kids; from all the people I saw, I was wondering if there was anyone left who wasn't married, married with kids, or seriously paired. I guess we must have been working different sides of the room! I should ask him to point out all the single guys he was talking to. :-)
I do have to say I was somewhat disappointed by the quality of the food; I'm used to Harvard fare being more exceptional. I did enjoy the open bar, although I'm not sure I quite drank my money's worth; and tomorrow night I have to be responsible, because I'm driving. Not that I was looking to get wasted or even buzzed ... I simply appreciate an ample supply of decent drinks.
But like I said, it was fun catching up with folks and exchanging life stories. I got a little more ribbing about my epic class note, which I'll have to post on here soon so you all can be amused by both its over-share content and its fantabulous length. Yes, I'm that girl in your class book; since I did it, I might as well own it with pride.
On the bus back home, having made sure that I stayed til a respectable 12:30 instead of an old-lady 10:30. It would be shameful if I left before the people with babies strapped to their chest. I even got to drop a couple business cards ... I love an evening that's both fun and productive!

1 comment:
Oooh, do post your epic letter. :)
I hope you had lots more fun (preferably too much of it). Having just been to reunion myself, we can compare notes on food, percentage of baby-having, etc at our respective institutions.
Post a Comment