Monday, June 09, 2008

Brown sugar, how come you taste so good?

I don't know, you evil mosquitos, but I wish you'd go away!

I am one of those people who apparently have super-delectable blood, the kind a mosquito just can't wait to get his little pricker into. (Wait, that doesn't sound right at all.) Ever since the Boston heat wave started on Saturday, I've been the subject of several tiny, darting attacks that are truly beginning to annoy me. If this is what summer's going to be like this year, I'm so moving to Canada. Of course, global warming will eventually find me there, too, but I still have a couple of years.

Oh, and speaking of brown sugar, I actually bathed in it the other night! This set of lovely-smelling beauty products I bought included a "brown sugar and wild honey" body scrub; and unlike so many beauty products where the natural ingredients are way down on the list after things with names like propyl ethyl glycol, pure cane sugar and brown sugar were 2 of the top 4 ingredients. That may have contributed to my insect attack - but I also smelled and felt delightful. So my standard mantra still applies: sugar makes everything better!

2 comments:

Brown Sugar said...

I wish we had some of your heat!
Calgary has been miserable with rain for days, now, so you see, Canada might seem like the 'grass is greener', but I dunno!...
At any rate, I just wanted to comment on the brown sugar scrub! How very interesting! Might have to try that one of these days!

cindy
www.jbkpottery.com

BB said...

Cindy - thanks for the warning about Canada! :) I guess bizarre weather is everywhere on the planet ... so I'll probably just stick with what I know, at least.

For those interested in the scrub - New York & Company City Beauty, the gardenia flavor (at least that's the one I got). I'm using it again today!