Saturday, January 19, 2008

I have beautiful friends

Seriously, I do. I'm sitting next to one of my friends right now, and she's gorgeous - she recently highlighted her hair, and she has these cute curls and this great cut, and a beautiful face, and she's just a joy to look at. I've been impressed lately with how much I appreciate the physical aspects of my friends.

I've reflected on this before ... I only have attractive people in my friend circle. That might sound a little snobby or superficial, but when you look at my circle of friends, my sense of beauty is very diverse, so it offers opportunity for a lot of people. :-) And think about it this way - I don't choose to exclude by a particular beauty standard; rather, I recognize and love the beauty I find in all my friends.

And just so you don't think I'm totally superficial, I also only surround myself with people who are smart, funny, well-spoken, talented and activist. Honestly, I have awesome friends; you should get to know them.

No comments: