Wednesday, January 23, 2008

About a boy

So, I met a boy I like two days ago, and I've been trying (unsuccessfully) not to think about him ever since. I'm always that way when I like something - object, project, person - I get totally into it and super excited. In fact, two days before I met the boy, I went to a kickoff meeting for a project, and almost immediately decided that it was what I should be doing for the next two years, enough to put off grad school and most (if not all) of my other volunteer commitments. It doesn't happen with everything, and sometimes it's crazy, but when I find something I really connect with, that's how I am.

With the project, I'm OK with it - well-defined opportunity, and I got invited to participate in the first place, so people are thrilled by my enthusiastic response. With the boy ... well, I guess I don't even know if there's an opportunity, and there definitely hasn't been an invitation; not even a response yet to my initial email. (Although, in fairness, I always get irritated by the pressure of having to respond to every email instantly or be accused of ignoring the sender, so I would imagine other people have email overload, too.)

It's nice to be this interested in someone again, but I also get frustrated by the drama ... especially the drama I create for myself! If I ever do seriously date again, that person is going to need a world of patience to handle my neuroses. On the upside, I'm absolutely fabulous once you get to know me. ;-)

No comments: