Friday, January 25, 2008

Huh ... dating.

I think I might be getting ready to start dating again. Not that I've actually gone out on any dates yet, but it seems like I'm suddenly actually interested in trying. Well, it's not so sudden - my last date was close to 2 years ago. But given that up until as recently as the beginning of this month I just wasn't into the whole man thing, it's kind of a new feeling to find people that I actually want to ask out (or be asked out by).

And speaking of who asks out whom - are we still in that era where guys get weirded out by a woman who makes the first move? Because I'm feeling very straightforward these days, and I'd prefer to just be able to let someone know that I like them without having to do any coy dances. (Although I do enjoy getting a good flirt on when the mood is right.) But I suppose anyone who doesn't respond well to female forthrightness probably isn't the person I'm meant to be with at this stage of my life.

And so it goes ... it'll be interesting to see what happens.

3 comments:

Fousty said...

As a member of the male gender I think we are in a time where woman can make the first move. Some guys can be clueless when it comes to the subtle art of flirting.

Go for it girl!

Kristen Filipic said...

Definitely ask him out!

After all, if he's the type that'll get freaked out by that he's NOT the type for our feisty and straightforward BB!

Go you, go you, go you!

BB said...

You guys are awesome - thank you! As a result of your encouragement, I called him this morning and we had a great conversation. We'll be seeing each other soon!