Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"I'm so bored, I could die."

In Sex and the City, that line preceded a woman falling to her death out a Manhattan apartment window. And while I am walking on a bridge over the Charles River, I've no intention of tumbling to my watery grave.

That said, I can understand the sentiment. Today is one of those days where I'm just tired of everything - tired of working, of being by myself, tired of trying to be independent and self-sufficient, tired of not being able to afford things, tired of searching for a partner, tired of people being mean to me at work or in social situations. I'm sure someone would say that at least some of those items have solutions within my control, but I'm also tired of that: of working on myself, of never being right, of never being done. I'm also tired of being angry, tired of feeling put upon, tired of being bitter, and mostly tired of being tired!

I'd like a little vacation, but I think the only "vacations" you get to take from life are the permanent kind. Too bad that ... but then again, vacations never quite work either, because you always end up having to come back and catch up on the real world. Ah, well; guess I keep plodding along until I figure out what else to do.

No comments: