Monday, May 05, 2008

Walk the walk

Can you walk and blog at the same time? So far, the answer is yes; but I'll let you know when I run into someone.

After 4 days off due to a travel-related suspension, I'm back on the walking wagon. As I said to a friend on the phone just now, it was important for me to get back to it before I lost the habit. To date, that's been one of the pleasant surprises; while Lazy Me still whines about being tired at the start of a walk, Committed Me keeps pushing to stick it out, and seems to keep winning.

(As I'm discovering, the greatest danger in walking while blogging is not other people; it's the pavement upon which I am destined to trip any minute now.)

Before I reach death through face-plant into Mass Ave., I will just close by saying I'm really digging this walking thing, and I think there's every chance that I'll keep it up for the next couple months. We'll have to work out a plan, though, during the Rock Road Tour this summer. Perhaps a morning jog in the Grand Canyon?

No comments: