Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thank you, Mail-to-Blogger!

So, it has been very sad for me not to be as prolific a blogger as I was getting to be last year; I have so many thoughts that ramble around in my head all the time, and I feel very frustrated not being able to get them out before I forget or get to tired to write.

What caused the change, you may ask? Well, apparently sometime in early October, Blogger and T-Mobile had some differences of technological opinion, causing the Blogger Mobile function not to work with my carrier. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one upset about this; however, our distress has not caused either Blogger or T-Mobile to move speedily towards a resolution of the issue (it seems to be more T-Mobile's fault, if the Known Issues blog is to be believed). Trying to find a workaround has been more of a bother than I anticipated, and for quite sometime I was resigned to losing blog posts in the mists of my mind and time.

No longer! I recently discovered Mail-to-Blogger, and handy little feature that basically allows me to do the same thing I was doing with MMS via Blogger Mobile, but instead I use one of the other mail accounts I check on my phone. It set it up very easily this morning via the browser on my phone, and then was back to creating and sending postings from my device. I don't think it's quite as easy to do photo posting, but since most of my posts are more text based, I feel like I can still blog very easily for 90% of what I want to do.

Hooray, hooray! As you can see, I feel so re-energized that I've posted three times in one day, although two of those were from my laptop at home. Nonetheless: I'm back, baby!

No comments: